Where all are WELCOME!
Monthly Newsletter "Christ the King Herald"
2012 Annual Reports are available in the narthex or from the church office.
Christ the King Herald
is our monthly newsletter, sent to all members and anyone requesting to be
on the mailing list. Our editors are Paul and Dolores Parsons. Contact our office if you are interested in receiving
an issue by email
or regular mail.
Printing has a
Sponsor Ad Page
for our Herald Newsletter. Any business owners or persons interested
in becoming a sponsor/advertiser may contact Heavenly Printing at (951)
850-9909. The donations made to Christ the King from Heavenly Printing help
offset the cost of publishing and mailing our newsletter. Sponsor ads are
now running for one year from January 2013 to January 2014. CTK members
receive first choice of ad space and a big discount!
Monthly Calendar of Events - May
Community Groups using our facility:
Short History of Christ the King Lutheran Church
Christ the King Lutheran Church was started with services in September 1955, and organized in January 1956 by Rev. Donald Hansen. A group of people from the Evangelical Lutheran Church Synod wanted a Lutheran Church is newly developed Southwest Denver.
The synod purchased a large lot on the corner of Patton Court and Iliff Avenue with a house on it. This is where Pastor Hansen and family lived. This house also held the office and many community meetings. After the first service with 87 people present, the services were then held at Gust Elementary School until a building could be built.
Charter Sunday was February 12, 1956 with a membership of 237 individuals. The first building was completed and dedicated on June 3, 1956 - 550 people attended.
The church grew very quickly. The present sanctuary was built in 1965 and dedicated on September 13, 1965. Our 50th Anniversary was celebrated on February 12, 2006.